The latest PMI surveys highlight some noteworthy trends on the local, national and global economy from July 2017. This slide pack explores them in more detail.
Key highlights include:
- Global output growth (53.5) eases to a 7-month low
- Growth accelerates in China, US & Italy
- Chinese composite rebounds off 12-mth low to 51.9
- Emerging Markets’ PMI slips to 10-mth low of 51.4 with Russia down to 53.4 (10-mth low) & India 46.0 (100-mth low)
- Eurozone composite PMI eases to 6-mth low (55.7)
- Germany at 10-mth low (54.7), France (55.6) & Spain (56.7) ease to 6-mth lows while Italian PMI up to 56.2 (3-mth high)
- UK composite PMI unchanged at 53.9 with rise in services (53.8) & manufacturing (55.1) but construction eased to 51.9.
- RoI business activity slows to a 4-mth low (57.0)
- NI firms’ output & employment growth slow to a 9-mth & 6-mth lows. But services output accelerates to 16-mth high
- Input cost inflation eases to 13-mth low